The Finance Department is currently headed by the Deputy Finance Officer, Ms Jackline Gakii who provides guidance in the management of the University’s Financial Resources.
Finance Objectives iclude
- To maintain prudent management of resources by conducting quarterly variance analysis in every financial year
- To facilitate quality service provision through improved system automation in each financial year
- To continually monitor and review performance of departmental structures and systems, by implementing an effective Quality Management System based on ISO 9001:2008.
Functions of the Department include:
- Formulation, interpretation and implementation of financial policies, regulations and strategy,
- Preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control,
- Management accounting and periodic financial returns,
- Timely preparation and submission of annual reports and financial statements
- Institution of necessary controls for enhancing prudent management of financial resources
- Compliance with Public Finance Management Act (2012), financial regulations, circulars and directive