Welcome Message from David Mkubwa, Librarian NTTI
Welcome to the NTTI Library where we provide comprehensive resources and services in line with the research, training, and learning needs of the NTTI community. As a library we seek to inculcate a reading culture that can be used both within the Institute environment and beyond. We believe in the enhancing of our knowledge through proper and directed reference to information sources. Our objective is to provide Materials that will stimulate students acquisition of factual knowledge, development of literacy appreciation, aesthetic values and Ethical standards and to Provide a secure and conducive learning environment for use of library resources.
To be a center of excellence in provision of in-depth research resources
To empower all Library users with quality information solutions in the support of learning and research to build a knowledge driven society.
We are guided by our objectives as follows:
- Seek to identify user needs and ensure the library services meets those needs.
- Provide information materials relevant to the curriculum of training at the college.
- Provide reading space for library users.
- Acquire and conserve research materials.
- Maintain a digital library to enhance current technologies.
The NTTI library has a collection that can be accessed in person. The library is open to all current registered trainees, trainers and all members of staff. All registered members must clear with the library at expiry of their membership.
- Silence should be strictly observed as a courtesy to other library users.
- Food, drinks, wet umbrellas and any other materials that might damage library materials or property should not be brought to the library.
- Stealing and attempting to steal library property is an offence. The offenders, if caught, will pay three times the cost of the material.
Free digital resources can be accessed on the following websites:
Services Offered in the library include:
The services offered seek to support the Institutes’s mission of lproviding technical industrial, vocational and entrepreneurship training to produce skilled manpower that can compete favorably in both local and international labor market as well as creating self-reliance that suits the current and changing technology.
The library strives to make knowledge available through such means as:
- Circulation services
- Provision of personalized reference services.
- Selective Dissemination of information
- Acquisition, organization, management, housing and preservation of collections.
- Teaching users how to find, evaluate, and use information independently as a basis for life-long learning. (Information literacy skills).